Monday, April 18, 2011

Between Mayo and December

This will be short and sweet.  There really wasn't a whole lot to report during this time.  Chemo once a week, a bone marrow biopsy and reports that were generally showing the disease in retreat.  As far as the bone marrow biopsy is concerned ... the way to go is to be put under for the procedure.  Definitely makes it much less painful.  The final good news of this period is that my numbers regarding my heart and pulmonary function tests have made enough progress so my hematologist and cardiologist believe that I can survive the stem cell transplant (SCT).  I'm still not within the standard "protocol" numbers, meaning the numbers should be higher for me to undergo the procedure, but the SCT is the best bet for my survival and dying slow on chemo just isn't my style!  Next update will be from the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment